ABOUT THIS REGIMENT
The Royal Britannian Guard of Umbra was founded after the occurrences of Ix Tab in the region that led to the re-enforcement of the Gates to Bedlam — the lost university of dark arts. Queen Dawn thought it was important to situate a regiment on this colony in Malas to help the citizens rebuild and restore Umbra after the destruction of the evil clan known as Lectum Intus Corpus Horrendus, or LICH for short. LICH had previously taken residence in the city of Umbra and enslaved its people. Ever since then, the RBG of Umbra has worked tirelessly and without pause to defend the people of Umbra and its surrounding areas from common foes under the command of Commander Kanlocke. However, after the death of our beloved Queen Dawn, things changed and now Commander Kanlocke is sought out for treason.
The RBG, and certain regiments of it, had stumbled across dark times succumbing to wicked ways. The Crown then sought to disband the RBG in its entirety, an event we call “The Great Divide”. RBG regiments that were true to the ways of Lord British and the Order were suddenly orphaned. The RBG of Umbra was kept together by the Children of Darkness, led by Pandora and Marius Romanus, who sought to it that our efforts for the Umbra Territory would continue. They took up our financial troubles, offering to pay our salaries as the Crown had been if we continued our work. And thus we did.
Now, that the Crown has restored its relationship with the regiments, we’re back under the payroll of King Blackthorn but we certainly do not forget that it was the House of Romanus that kept food on our family’s table all this time as thus continue a friendly relationship with them. And they continue to flourish and restore Umbra bit by bit with our assistance of course.
The territory that was officially entrusted to us by Queen Dawn was all conjoined lands West of the Broken Mountains of Malas. Queen Dawn justified her rule in Malas, as a colony of the Crown, but our current monarch doesn’t seem to view it the same. But we have been allowed to continue our work with formal recognition as a regiment of the RBG by King Blackthorn himself.
The Romanus Family holds exclusive land ownership in this region including the areas within the Broken Mountains. There are various private residences that belong to the family as well as residential real estate that is open for lease to foreign settlers. They are majority investors into the Trade and Commerce Commission that operates the Umbra Mall, just west of the main city. They are also the private owners of the School for Gifted Youngsters and the corresponding Umbra Orphanage. Our own offices are leased out from them located next to the City Court and Jailhouse. So we still work very closely with the family to better and improve the area.
Your general disposition should be pleasant, friendly, and of service to the population. That doesn’t mean that you cannot have certain character traits, for example… playing the “bad cop” in an interrogation or a domestic dispute. There are many characteristics that you can apply to your persona and still remain part of the RBG. You could even secretly go rogue, or turn vigilante, or take bribes as part of your role play. Just be sure to be expelled from the organization should you be found out. Keeping the secrets might be a lot of fun.
An officer’s life can include a wife/husband and children. These can be either actual player characters or just appearing through your role play. You have a set schedule (which isn’t like a real life schedule) that the Captain will issue you. Your role play should reflect that schedule. What you do outside of your schedule can be up to you. Just keep the integrity of the organization in mind at all times.
There are many ranks within the RBG of Umbra that you can take. Always remember that our top-end report is the Royal Commander, who serves the Crown and has ultimate authority over all chapters.
- CAPTAIN — The Captain is in charge of the entire association. They answer only to the Royal Commander (part of the RBG RP theme). No one can apply for this title as they are the stoneholder. Currently, Kalmar Erikkson serves as Captain.
- LIEUTENANT — The RBG can have many Lt.’s working on various storylines and arcs. This is an earned rank, appointed to you by the captain. You have the responsibility to contribute and/or create storylines for those ranks below you.
- SERGEANT — The RBG can have many Sgt.’s working on various storylines and arcs. This is an earned rank, appointed to you by the captain. You have the responsibility to contribute and/or create storylines for those ranks below you.
- DETECTIVE — Detectives specialize in the stealth arts and are often asked to investigate areas of Sosaria for clues within established storylines. The RBG can have many Det.’s working the cases.
- SENTRY — Sentries are in charge of guarding the RBG headquarters, as well as providing security for Umbra itself and any events that they may be engaged to serve in such capacity.
- PATROLMAN — Patrols do just that. They are assigned posts in certain areas of Sosaria to continuously patrol and report on. They are not often involved in cases.
- RANGER — Rangers are specialized archers that are called to serve for specific storylines or arcs. They are the “snipers” if you will of our operation.
- JAILOR — Jailors are in charge of all prisoners, warrants for arrests, and records thereof for all captured player characters.
- ADMINISTRATION — Receptionists, Secretaries, Records Keepers, Court Reporters, Legal Counsel… just about anything you’d like to role play as part of a “police department” that you feel would be fun to play.
The RBG of Umbra has a required uniform that all members must wear for meetings, events, and all public attendances. For combat of any kind, you can wear what you like but it must reflect our colors and your particular rank sash.
Public Ceremonial Uniform
– Broadsword (Swordsmans) (Unequipped in Buildings, Natural Black Dye)
– Kryss (Fencers) (Unequipped in Buildings, Natural Black Dye)
– War Mace (Macers) (Unequipped in Buildings, Natural Black Dye)
– Order Shield (Requires 95 Strength to Equip, Not Required for 2H Users or Casters) (Dark Red Dye)
– Closed Helm or Leather Cap (Unequipped in Buildings, Natural Black Dye)
– Ringmail or Leather Tunic (Natural Black Dye)
– Ringmail or Leather Leggings (Natural Black Dye)
– Ringmail or Leather Sleeves (Natural Black Dye)
– Ringmail or Leather Gloves (Natural Black Dye)
– Platemail or Leather Gorget (Natural Black Dye)
– Sandals or Thigh High Leather Boots (Natural Black Dye)
– Sash (Showing Rank Color Below)
– Kilt (Dark Red Dye)
– Shirt (White, Undyed)
Rank Colors for Sashes
– Captain (Dark Red) [█]
– Lieutenant (Yellow Gold) [█]
– Sergeant (Royal Blue) [█]
– Detective (Royal Silver) [█]
– Sentry (Royal Green) [█]
– Rangers (Dark Green) [█]
– Patrolman or Jailors (Light Red)[█]
Every member of the RBG of Umbra is responsible for their assigned tasks as listed above in your rank. All newly trained cadets are hired at the SENTRY level and depending on your goals, you can move up from there to Detective > Sergeant > Lieutenant OR you can take a specialized post such as Patrolman, Ranger, or Jailor. Folks can also contribute to the RBG theme by taking on administrative roles as well.
First and foremost, all characters must have an account on this site (one will be created for you). You will be asked to post in character storyline updates as needed. Also there are tasks within the game that must be met in the form of detailed accounts of events (by use of books). Remember that our main goal is to create a ROLE PLAYING world and everything we do must support that. The site helps to keep folks informed and it allows them to contribute to the story. RP that happens naturally can’t always be documented, we understand that, but main story arcs should be to allow others a chance to participate in their own way.
JOINING THIS REGIMENT
The steps to be able to join this regiment are as follows:
1) Submit an application (Below).
2) Register on this website’s forums using your character name as your forum user name.
3) Complete the BOOT CAMP requirements.
4) Interview with the Captain.